Broken parts on power seat tracks 96 coupe

I have two broken pieces on my driver's side power seat track...

Any ideas? these parts don't appear to "normally" come off.. Bradded and welded together..

I'm not a welder.. Do they have means to weld such small pieces without taking the whole thing apart..(other than taking track off of bottom of seat..) or am I off to the junk yard..? Do they make asbestos shim stock to slip in between parts to protect other parts..? How much at Junk yard? I see one on ebay that appears will end up costing winner $150 with shipping.... Chuck (in SC)

Reply to
Chuck

Tinypic added some stuff to the links above.. these should work..

Chuck (in SC)

Reply to
Chuck

A good weld shop can weld that easily enough. Wet cotton towels, appropriately placed, will provide enough protection. Done right, it'll be stronger than new.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Thanks.. now to look around for welding shop.. Chuck (in SC)

Reply to
Chuck