Bumper Movie

A poster from AACF mentioned a movie that someone had attributed as a shot of yours truly going down the tarmac. This, of course, is not me, but it is entertaining nevertheless. For those of you who missed it first time around...

Anyone recognize this track? Can anyone guess the weight of this guy's 'nads?

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Not only are they quite heavy, but he's probably got more than the usual two.

I've seen it before, but I don't know it's origin.

Reply to
John

Nice launch!

Remind me not to race this guy :) Unless I am in a F-18

Steve

CobraJet wrote:

Reply to
steve

The nifty thing is that this is a foot brake car with street tags on it. Can you imagine some doink with a turbo Honda and a hard-on for a Mustang dinner dicing it this dude at the stoplight?

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Outcome: diced rice!

Reply to
John

Here in the vietnamese community in Southern California there are a number of dishes called 'broken rice' :)

They are actually quite tasty.

CobraJet wrote:

Reply to
steve

And an automatic trans too, it shifts into 2nd with the from wheels still in the air. I've had a copy of this for years, I downloaded it from a site dedictated to dragracing, it's one of the members of whatever site that was.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Well, whoever it is, you can bet that ain't no small block.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

CJ,

Put up the 8.67 run from the street driven 89 I sent you. If you don't have it I'll send it again. I also have Bob Gullet's 7.0 200+ run from FordSpeed.com. That site is gone??

Al

Reply to
Big Al

A 347 will do that with zero problem.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Not a chance.

Reply to
CobraJet

Do you remember the file name?

Send me whatever, but I have a 5 meg email limit.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Yeah, actually they will. I've seen it a number of times at some of these small-block Ford events such as NMRA, FFW, World Ford Challenge, Modular Shootout. I've even seen it done on stock frame rails with with a 283 (32V DOHC bored .020) and a turbo in a 98 Cobra.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Watch how the car leaves off the brake, and how it's still trying to torque over in high gear. No blower or turbo noise, no nitrous puff. Running 9.7's in a ~3200 lb car takes at least 700 horsepower, more if you consider that this car would go faster if it stayed on the ground.

I see a big arm at work here. Just my infallible reptilian sense, that's all.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I've seen it numerous times. The worlds fastest Lightning, Jason Brown from Fla. did NOT have a big block, it was 351 based stroker. Yes, a SBF will do that, even on a bad day.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Except that you can stroke 351's out to 427 easily; and even up to 454 (I saw a kit for it, honestly), which is bigger than all the stock BB's except for the 460. That's WAY bigger than a 302/347.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

His was a 39whatever. Either way I've seen 302's 331's and 347's do that.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]