Charger Adds 426 Cubes Of Muscle

Only for off-road/racing use, but still pretty cool.

C'mon Dodge, lop off two doors, add a manual trans and you'd have a
very sweet package.
Patrick
Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84
On Jan 2, 2:33=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:
it's a pity they can't get the crate motors to meet emission standards. Update the original, REAL Hemi with a modern ignition and computer system, you'd have a lot of buyers wanting for it as an option. But put it in the Challenger as a step above the 392 and below the V10 in the drag car.
Reply to
Scammed Public
I agree. But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426 in a slightly used Charger/300 or Challenger R/T.
I imagine by the time you updated the old Hemi to pass emissions, you'd have the new Hemi. With the Viper coming back, maybe it's time to certify the new 426 for entry-level Vipers and top-level Challengers.
Patrick
Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84
On Jan 5, 1:43=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:
I don't even know if the current Hemis have hemispherical combustion chambers.
Reply to
Scammed Public
In article ,
The new Hemi's don't have hemispherical combustion chambers? I assumed they did. What does "Hemi" indicate then?
Reply to
twk
I agree. But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426
As much as my 5.6 DOHC Nissan.
Reply to
WindsorFo
Thus spake twk :
"Hemi", a trademark of Dodge. Although there have been at least two fights in the past that "hemi" in relation to automotive engines was used well before Dodge (Chrysler Corporation) trademarked it.
One need only look back at the 354's. Everybody was calling them hemis.
Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Site Timeline Threads