Charger Adds 426 Cubes Of Muscle

Only for off-road/racing use, but still pretty cool.

C'mon Dodge, lop off two doors, add a manual trans and you'd have a very sweet package.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

it's a pity they can't get the crate motors to meet emission standards. Update the original, REAL Hemi with a modern ignition and computer system, you'd have a lot of buyers wanting for it as an option. But put it in the Challenger as a step above the 392 and below the V10 in the drag car.

Reply to
Scammed Public

I agree. But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426 in a slightly used Charger/300 or Challenger R/T.

I imagine by the time you updated the old Hemi to pass emissions, you'd have the new Hemi. With the Viper coming back, maybe it's time to certify the new 426 for entry-level Vipers and top-level Challengers.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

I don't even know if the current Hemis have hemispherical combustion chambers.

Reply to
Scammed Public

In the traditional sense, no. But there's no mistaking the HP they put out.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

The new Hemi's don't have hemispherical combustion chambers? I assumed they did. What does "Hemi" indicate then?

Reply to
twk

On 1/24/2012 08:18, Scammed Public wrote:I agree. But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426

As much as my 5.6 DOHC Nissan.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Thus spake twk :

"Hemi", a trademark of Dodge. Although there have been at least two fights in the past that "hemi" in relation to automotive engines was used well before Dodge (Chrysler Corporation) trademarked it.

One need only look back at the 354's. Everybody was calling them hemis.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron