Dead battery 89 GT - Doh!

I have an 89 GT convertible. Last fall I did some electrical work to the car. I removed the cheesy alarm the previous owner installed, I moved the battery to the trunk, I upgraded the alternator (120amp) and I installed a new radiator and flex-a-lite electric fan. Ever since I installed the fan, it appears that the battery seems to be draining. I replaced the battery that came with the car thinking the old battery was just junk. The new battery didn't take long to die either. Most recently, I rewired the electric fan. I have one positive switched to the ignition and the other running straight to the solenoid as suggested in the instructions. I was hoping someone might be able to provide me with a few suggestions or things to look for as to why the battery keeps dying.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John

First, make sure it really is the fan. Disconnect the fan circuit as close to the source as possible - both the switched relay and the main power connection.

Reply to
.boB