Battery Keeps Dying

I have an 89 Merc Sable in which the battery will die overnight if the cables are left connected. I installed new solenoid, new battery and new cables but the problem is still there. Car seems to start and run normally but unless I disconnect a cable the battery will be dead the next morning. Anybody know what might be going on, or know how to figure it out? Thanks.

Chuck Susurrus

Reply to
susurrus

atec77>>

I had the same problem on my vehicle... turned out to be the light in the cigarette lighter that was the culprit.

Fwed

Reply to
fweddybear

My neighbor had the same problem with a Taurus of about that vintage. Each evening he unplugged a different fuse until one morning the battery was very low. The fuse in question turned out to be for an add-on alarm system which he never used anyway. Fuse was never put back in and the problem never returned. FWIW DFB

Reply to
D F Bonnett