Gonna Buy Me A New Mustang Sedan, Or Wagon.

I wouldn't. While I like the idea of a Ranchero comeback, this Aussie version doesn't, IMO, have a pretty line on it.

I'd like to know how many find this car attractive, but think the GTO is ugly.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

But it's a chopped hearse.

The only ground I'll give you is admit the grill could be toned down a bit.

A 2-door wagon would be better. It would be like the previous generation BMW M coupe I liked so much.

I would too, IF it was an automatic version. The autos suck in those cars. But a Cooper S would be a very fun car.

There's just something about the WRX wagon that reminds me of the hatchback LX 5.0. While it has an Asian spice to it, the utility mixed with the plain-Jane, but hunkered down hotrod look really appeals to me.

They probably would, but I hear Americans now associate hatchbacks with cheap econo cars so manufactures have shied away from them.

I think the Asians are starting to wise up. They're realizing the vanilla Camrys and Accords days are numbered. Their future generations are promising much more aggressive looks.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

"dwight" wrote in news:NOidnfXriJhi0h7YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

>>> agon-RVL.jpg

But the Solara isn't a Honda...

Reply to
Joe

Okay the Ranchero style back I can handle, but the flat bed is just WAY over the line!

Reply to
WindsorFox

Neither is the Camry. Where did Honda come in?

duh-wight

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote in news:T9KdnUIX7JPdah7YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

> [...]

something

APPROACHES

Major brain fart. Happens once in a while at my age...

Reply to
Joe

Grilles were great in the 50's. But once I started washing my own cars, I learned that I could live without them. The '84 Mustang's plastic grille insert was a BITCH to keep clean.

The Fusion, the Edge... looks like Ford is trying to copy out of Chrysler's playbook by slapping extraneous metallic pieces on the front of their new line. Compare the 2007 Escape to the upcoming 2008 model - the 2007 looks much cleaner. Maybe Ford is trying to "man up" the Escape, but my wife's not going to be happy about it. (We may end up buying this one at lease end.)

That'd be alright for the upcoming generation. But us baby boomers don't like climbing into and out of a back seat through the front doors. Many of us can't.

Come to think of it... my recently departed mother-in-law would have had a much harder time getting into and out of my Mustang than climbing up into the Escape. Maybe if I'd put step bars on the Mustang...

(I wonder if the day will come when I can no longer exit a Mustang without help...)

It's...uh..."cute," I suppose. How about a WRK STI wagon, with that big ol' Asian wing plopped on the top? That would sell a few, I reckon. That would combine the performance and utility we're used to.

All things come back in time. That Boss Mustang you linked to looks like it would naturally have a lift gate. The new Mustangs have a nice, deep trunk, but a hatchback on that car would make life a whole lot easier.

God, I hope so. I've been saying for years that I can't tell one from the other. There's a whole herd of four-door family sedans running around that all look the same to me. I used to pride myself on knowing what I was looking at, but I have to squint now at the emblem on the hood to tell a Hyundai from a Honda. Nissan has come around, though; I can spot them pretty quick.

Seems that designers have boiled down the small car style to its bare minimum, in search of aerodynamics and front-wheel-drive efficiency. (Not talking about the larger cars, which are vastly different canvases, but the entry level models.) I was looking at two cars in our parking lot - a Chevy Impala and a Honda Accord - and thinking, jeez, that's the same car.

It's like the designers purposely keep the cars ultra-bland, for fear of turning off any potential buyers. I guess that works.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 23:32:20 -0600, WindsorFox puked:

Get out the conversion charts:

Max. Power: 220kW@4750 rpm (DIN) Max. Torque: 470Nm@3250 rpm (DIN)

lab~rat >:-)