New Mustang means new GTO for me

I cannot express how awful these changes (from the prototypes we saw) look. What a (to use an anachronism) cop-out on Ford's part. No wonder the Japanese keep cutting away at their sales figures. Dull, plain and unagressive. THAT is what killed the new T-Bird's sales. Who the f--- is running that company now?

rander3127

Let's fact facts, either your going to love the changes, or your not. Every time Ford makes a drastic change to the Mustang, we get some yahoo like yourself spouting off about how awful the changes are. I remember back in early 93 when people like you saw what the new for 94 mustang was going to be like...The same thing, yadda, yadda, yadda...........Guess what, those same people today drive late model (post 1994 Mustangs).........Go figure.......................Personally, I like what I have seen, may be up in Dearborn checking out the real pre production prototypes in November. if they are anything like the 05 concept cars, your going to see a major rebirth and a year of record breaking sales for the 05 mustang GT.....................Feel free to print this one out and we'll discuss it again during the 06 introduction.........................

Bill S.

snipped-for-privacy@rrogers.com wrote:

your jollies by creating conflict among others

Reply to
Bill S.

I killfiled him along time ago as he never had anything worthwhile to say. StuK

jollies by creating conflict among others

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I think it looks fantastic.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yeah, I remember hearing the same thing when the '69s came out. Then again when the 71's came out. Then again when the Mustang II came out. Well, OK. They were right about that one. :)

Reply to
.boB

I agree !

Also keeping in mind that when cars are in their "SPYWARE" clothing they are SUPPOSED to be unflattering...

Looks like the Fastback design is going to ROCK though! Can't wait for a new "Mach I" in that body style, Bright red with a fat black stripe down the middle !

Go buy your GTO or Jap car, or whatever....

the key is JUST GO !

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

The fact that the Cava-GTO is appealing to you says volumes. Go... And FWIW, I think those pictures looked pretty good if you imagine the zebra stripes aren't there.

--

-Keith '96 GT 5spd ... with an '02 engine

Reply to
Keith

I think it looks like the Mustang II and the interior 'aint much'

my two cents worth...

Kate

| > > I cannot express how awful these changes (from the prototypes we saw) | > > look. What a (to use an anachronism) cop-out on Ford's part. | > > No wonder the Japanese keep cutting away at their sales figures. | > > Dull, plain and unagressive. THAT is what killed the new T-Bird's | > > sales. Who the f--- is running that company now? | > >

| > I think it looks fantastic. | | I agree ! | | Also keeping in mind that when cars are in their "SPYWARE" clothing they are | SUPPOSED to be unflattering... | | Looks like the Fastback design is going to ROCK though! Can't wait for a | new "Mach I" in that body style, Bright red with a fat black stripe down the | middle ! | | Go buy your GTO or Jap car, or whatever.... | | the key is JUST GO ! | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well I must admit I'm not *too * nuts about the interior, but then again, this IS a spy photo so I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it.

I think the body has potential though...

We'll wait and see.... I wasn't nuts about the 94 when I first saw it... then a few months after I said "yuch" I was making payments on one ! go figure ..

(Still have it too... 94 GT vert , just turned 50k on it :) )

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

I love the front end!

Reply to
Mitch

at 20 Sep 2003, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:ed5bb.1289$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

I still like the look even tho it appears a bit toned down from the concept model. The interior looks to square for my taste, like the 99+ models. I would've preferred the more rounded lines of the 94-98 style.

I'll reserve my final judgement until I see a production model at the dealer. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Geez Kate, the Mustang II was closer to the 65\66 look than any other Mustang. Since the new Mustang is purposely designed with these design cues in mind, it's no wonder they resemble each other.

John

66 2+2
Reply to
John Del

HEE HEE HEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill S.

.boB wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Can I get it with those spy cam obscuring leopard spots? Hmmm, so that's why leopards have spots - to avoid spy cams : )

I like the retro look. I did kinda like the shots shown over on Edmunds.com more. Retro is in. My dad is a salesman for a furniture company and they have a popular line of antique looking furniture. Antique looking radios are more popular than ever. John

Reply to
jriegle

that is so true -

after i bought my 96 and they were coming out with the 99 new edge design , my initital thoughts were - Gawd that's ugly!

but it grew on me and now i own an 03 and love it -

can get your jollies by creating conflict among others

Reply to
Christopher Shea

"Bill S." wrote in news:7e3bb.56315$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

I said it back in '93 and I've been saying it since - the '94s on up don't look half as good as pre-94s.

The '05 pix look fabulous. First good looking Mustang since the Fox.

Joe

at 20 Sep 2003, Joe [ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com] wrote in news:bkj1ui $27ilc$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-49604.news.uni-berlin.de:

Clearly shows how taste is a personal thing. I love the 65-69 models, but don't like the 70-93 ranges. Especially not the fox as it looks to much like a family sedan to me. Now when the 94 range came out I fell in love with it. I was in Europe in that time so no Stang there. I rented a 92 Fox for a week (v6 version) and did not like it at all. Then I rented a 97 (v6 auto vert) for a month and was extremely tempted to drive it to Miami harbor into a shipping container rather then the Hertz return at MIA airport. :-) It did about 5000 miles in that period. (all over Fla as well as all the way to San Antonio, Tx and back)

I know my next stang will be a vert. Be it a 94+, 65-69 or the 05 version. I'd like to get a v8 but if the choice is between a v8 Coupe and a V6 vert I'll go with the vert. Manual of course, don't liek auto in a Mustang.

Reply to
Paul

I'm confused...these shots don't really look like the 2005 shots that I've seen in Mototrend. The photos on this web site look like a butchered up Mustang from 65-66.

A yahoo search for 2005 Mustang reveals a few sites with photos/sketches and I will agree with a previous poster who said that Ford is work>I cannot express how awful these changes (from the prototypes we saw)

Reply to
Linus

Count on the interior staying close to what you see. It's sharing alot of interior parts with the new F150, and the interior in those is square.

--

-Keith '96 GT 5spd ... with an '02 engine

Reply to
Keith

It doesn't appeal to me that much. My last three cars have been Mustangs, 88, 93, 01 and I've liked them all, but this is the limit. If I can't have the looks, then I'll take higher power.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127