Google News rocks

So I customized my Google News page, to find any articles with keywords FORD MUSTANG.

Lately, I've been reading about the three guys out 'round Fort Collins who took a 1993 Mustang into the trees at 100mph+. It is suspected that the accident may have had something to do with beer... Described as "horrific".

But what I really like are the reviews from over in the U.K. about the new Mustang.

Here's a guy

who goes out of his way to pan American cars in general and the new Mustang in particular. But the bottom line is about what you'd expect.
struggles to pick the best cars of all time, and, even though it's a "Yank tank", the Mustang has to be considered. Especially THIS Mustang... The Brits are such automotive snobs, yet they grudgingly admit that the Mustang, as an icon, is pretty near perfect for what it is...

"There was plenty of power to move the Mustang to illegal speeds very quickly. And the roar from the V8 made all the teenage home hot rod builders with their Japanese minicars that make noises like angry bees green with envy. This was a real roar."

writes this line, and it makes me wonder what this guy is used to driving. I live with that "roar", and the reaction from other drivers runs to two general directions: they either back off or they get all excited and want to "race". But I believe that the "teenage home hot rod builders" don't care. In their minds, their "Japanese minicars" are way faster than my old Mustang, regardless of sound.

Google News. Damn, I gotta buy stock in that company...

dwight

Reply to
dwight

1971, near Tacoma, 2 cops returning from a party left a curve on I-5 in the driver's 67 Cpe... 300 feet before shearing off the first tree...then a second... they stopped at the third. WSP couldn't even ID what kind of car until the ran a plate. Body ID was by dental and prints. Closed casket. Estimated speed around 130. We lost two of the greatest of our unit to one beer to many. Even cops screw up.
Reply to
Spike

"dwight" wrote

Shouldnt we all have !!!!

Second dumbest non-move I ever did was to pass up on that because it was up

20 from the IPO.
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic