Got Carfax???

A coworker may have gotten screwed on a 99 Corolla.

It has 59,000 miles on it, yet when she took it to the dealer (bought it at a small time used car lot) they said it needs valve guides. The symptoms are smoke on startup and under load, along with sludge under the valve cover. She's had it for a month, so she can't likely take it back depending on what it's status truly is.

If anyone has carfax, I'd appreciate it if you could run the VIN:

1NXBR12E7XZ158637

Thanks,

Steve

99 Ranger 4x4
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Thank you. ...looks like it was a rental vehicle in it's "1st life."

Steve

99 Ranger 4x4
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

My vert was a rental over in Hawaii. The only nuisance I'm experiencing is still vacuuming out the sand in the trunk and carpet.

Reply to
Greg B.