holley problem

hi all, i have a bit of a problem and i'm not sure what the cure is. the stock list 4168 off of my kr spews gas out both of the sight holes. i have it controlled on the primary side but the top of the needle/seats is almost flush with the top of the float bowl. the secondary needle/seat is also almost flush with the top of the bowl and the flow isnt controlled. both floats look ok and the needle/seat assemblies are new. WTF? there is not any tabs that i can bend on the floats like there is on my yz. the small springs i'm seeing on the float pivot pins i'm not seeing in the holley parts catalog. i'm thinking right now that i'm probably going to pick up 2 new floats on my way past summit tomorrow night on the way to the g/f's place. there isnt a whole lot there (floats/needle-seat assy) but it's kicking my ass. i dorked with this thing so long last week that i destroyed the secondary float bowl from taking the thing apart the 50 times i did. ideas? carl

Reply to
carl

Check your fuel pressure... 10 psi is high - 5-7 should be good. Too high pressure and it can blow the needles off the seats. Check to be sure that no crud is caught in the needle (it can imbed in the viton and cause heartaches... additionally, the only needle/seat assemblies that have ever really worked for me are the Holley units.

With the float bowl assembled but not on the carb body, invert the bowl and check the dry setting... the seam on the float should be parallel to the long edge of the bowl. Could be bent float arms. The springs are there to dampen the movement of the floats.

If the floats are brass, give them a shake too see if they slosh.... If the floats are composite, you'll need to talk to any doobie-dealin' buddies and borrow their scale - my Holley manual is paccked away while we're renovating so I can't tell you the weight but a quick call to the Holley tech line should get you that info.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to