I need a Pitman Arm for a 67 Mustang with manual steering

I have been searching through many catalogs for a Pitman arm for a 67 = Mustang with manual steering and a 1" sector shaft. I can find other = years and some for power steering but none for a 67 with manual steering = and a 1" sec shaft. Yes this is what I have, no the car never had power steering. I can = find and bought by mistake one for a 1 1/8" sector shaft.

Where can I buy one for my car?

Dan Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com as I can't always read this forum. Thanks.

Reply to
Dan

Just a guess but will the '65-'66 1" work? I think I read something about early production '67s using the same one. Worth a look.

Where can I buy one for my car?

Dan Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com as I can't always read this forum. Thanks.

Reply to
Mark

with manual steering and a 1" sector shaft. I can find other years and some for power steering but none for a 67 with manual steering and a 1" sec shaft.

bought by mistake one for a 1 1/8" sector shaft.

Dan,

John's Mustang shows a listing for a "'67 M/S 1" sector shaft" on this page:

It lists for $150

Looking in the old Ford parts catalog, 67-71 Manual Steering 8-cyl Mustangs use the same part #- D1ZZ-3590-A (There is a separate listing for the 1 1/8" sector shaft arms)

Note. This catalog goes through '72, thats why a '71 coded part number (D1ZZ) can be listed for a '67.

I give you this info because on the page mentioned above they show a '71-'73 M/S arm for $85. If you could get someone to compare these two (the $150 and the $85), and they have the same dimensions (and fit the 1" sector shaft), you could save a few $$.

I do see the the early '67 (pre 5-1-67) P/S arms are the same part # as the 65/66 8Cyl Mustangs. I know those pitman arms have openings on both ends :

While the later '67 and M/S '67 arms have an integral pivot that connects to the center link:
Hopefully that'll be useful.

Happy hunting.

Reply to
Dinsdale