Install time

Can anybody give me a rough estimate of how long it would take to install subframe connectors.

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

I don't know, but when you do get subframe connectors installed... lemme know how it goes. I'm planning on some GW Subframe connectors *very* soon... also need a rear sway bar.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Kinda depends on whos doing the welding. Shouldnt take but an hour or two. Most of them you just unbolt the rear bolts on the front seats and bolt the subframes to those then stitch weld the subframes to the body. Full length subframes will take longer as they use reinforecing plates and are longer so they need more welding. The rest of the time is just to get the car in the air and to clean off the welding area then time to paint the subframes to keep rust off.

Reply to
John R Wiebalk

Took Doug a little less than an hour for mine... Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

bolt on or weld on?

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Well Ijust picked up the stang but haven't had the chance to wring her out yet. The only thing different so far is she feels *very solid*. And for those of you who like a little bark going into second..............or............third it's now effortless

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Awesome. What kinda subframe connectors did you get?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I bolted in a set in a couple of hours with one extra pair of hands. Another 1-1.5 hours to weld them down later.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yeah, when you can STAND UNDER THE CAR!!!! Get him to install a pair laying on a SHELL drive way with your headunder neath the car.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Steeda alloy's

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Ooo.. groovy.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

weld on

| | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

Nyaaa nyaaa nyaaa nya na na!

sucks to be YOU!

Lol!

Kate

| | Yeah, when you can STAND UNDER THE CAR!!!! Get him to install a | pair laying on a SHELL drive way with your headunder neath the car. |

Reply to
SVTKate

Fer shure dude!

| > Dave | >

| > > -Mike | > >

| > > -- | > >

| > > A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT | > > Cold air intake | > > FRPP 3.73 gears | > > Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter | > > Full Boar turbo mufflers | > > Hi-speed fan switch | > > 255/60R-15 rear tires | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

LOL... smartass;D.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

that would be me.

at least this time I'm not being ahiled as the dumbass in the group!