Latest Mustang & Camaro Sales Figures

After returning increased sales over the last couple of months, Ford
Mustang sales have again slumped in May 2011. In March we were happy
to report that Ford was experiencing higher than expected Mustang
sales to the tune of a 46.8% rebound. Again in April Mustang sales
shot up 59 percent compared to the same month of the previous year.
Sadly in May the news isn't so bright and sunny with sales slumping
more than 35% from May 2010. Last May Ford sold exactly 10,225
Mustangs while a mere 6,607 drove off the lots this May. As for
overall sales this year 30,206 Mustangs were sold compared to 31,061
in 2010, a decrease of 2.8%.
As has been the story over the last year the Mustang's closest
competitor, the Chevrolet Camaro, is still selling strong with 9,451
units sold, a 5.8% increase over the 8,931 Camaros sold last May. The
Camaro is also finding better total sales this year with 40,275 units
sold over the 38,838 sales of last year. The bottom line is that Chevy
has sold 10,069 more Camaros than Ford sold Mustangs so far this
year.
Reply to
NoOp
I need to test drive the new mustang. I sat in a corvette, but so cramped, little view. but looks great from outside
(Had a 93 mustang for 14 years.)
Reply to
huhie
On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 19:11:40 -0700 (PDT), NoOp wrote:
Old Chevy guys junped on the Camaro, but the comparisoms still say the Mustang is better is essentially all aspects.
Reply to
D E Willson
I looked over the Camaro (and Challenger) and crossed both off my list. The Challenger because of the shaky look of Chrysler (and their 'Build Your Own' website never worked...seriously, if that ain't working what else isn't??). I crossed off the Camaro because of a laughably small trunk (the back seats don't even fold down I don't think) and no navigation option. How do you build a car in that price range in the 21st century and NOT offer navigation as an option? Plus there were the little things like the fore mentioned poor visiblity and placing vital instruments at the bottom of the center console (I get the whole retro thing but that was stupid).
In the end I got the Mustang GT Premium, not because it was all that was left, not because it was American, but because it was the best, period.
Ken
Reply to
Ken H
Isn't just easier/cheaper to use a plug-in GPS?
That way as the car ages you're not left with an old outdated unit stuck in your dash.
Patrick
Reply to
NoOp
Patrick, I agree with you on the built-in navigation system. Annual GPS updates are the norm, and how do you get these updates with a built-in system? Does the vehicle have an internet connection? And then there's the issue of dash-mounted stuff distracting the driver like back up cameras and other stuff. We'll stick with our Garmin.
Dick in MN
Reply to
Dickr
Forgive me... I just find it odd, perhaps because I'm OLD now, that anyone would pick out a performance automobile based on whether it has GPS and what kind.
What happened to the good old days, when driving was what mattered, and stopping to ask for directions was always an argument?
dwight
Reply to
dwight
Back seats fold down in the Camaro. The trunk is a fairly good size, it's just a small opening. So yes, it can be tricky getting things in and out but there is quite a bit of room in there, especially if you fold down the seats... You should see the looks I get when I pulled my bicycle out of the trunk!!! LOL!
Reply to
John S.
A new Garmin unit with free lifetime updates can be purchased in the $120-140 price range. A built in unit probably costs more ... a lot more!
Dick
Reply to
Dickr
Wow! You MUST be old!
Patrick (Still trying to believe "old" =3D 10 years older than my current age.)
Reply to
NoOp
Somehow the original thread became discombobulated. I didn't say anything about the "good old days", I just advocated using a Garmin GPS instead of a built in navigation system. No harm, no foul. :-) Dick
Reply to
Dickr
No, no, no, I is old, but as long as I wake up on the green side of the turf, I'm good to go! I'm a typical old fart driving a cool car. :-) Dick
Reply to
Dickr
If you've ever driven a newer 4.6 GT, the extra kick the new 5.0 provides will be startling.
The new Vettes are amazing! Drive one and you quickly realize the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger, while great performance cars, they are NOT sports cars. The Vette is in a whole 'nother league.
Patrick
Reply to
NoOp

Site Timeline Threads