Turbo 4, Maybe a Turbo 6... Turbo V8 too?

Back in February, Ford Chairman Bill Ford Jr. confirmed that an
EcoBoost engine would eventually be offered in the Mustang. There was
some speculation that it could be the turbocharged 3.5L V6, but it
seemed more plausible that the engine would actually be a four-
cylinder.
Now we have more news on what we may see under the hood of the
Mustang. Motor Authority is reporting that a four-cylinder powered
Mustang is in the future plans of the Mustang, by around 2015. Ford
has already announced plans to put the 2.0L EcoBoost four-cylinder
under the hood of the 2013 Ford Taurus, but can we expect this same
engine in the Mustang? According to sources, Ford is working on a 2.3L
version of the same engine that will be offered in the Mustang. The
2.0L EcoBoost engine puts out 237 horsepower and will get at least 31
mpg in the Taurus. Since the V6 Mustang already gets 31 mpg, it
wouldn't be a surprise to see the four-cylinder Mustang get closer to
40 mpg.
Ford is also reportedly working on a 2.7L turbocharged V6 that will be
used both Ford's front and rear-wheel-drive models, which means that
it could show up in the Mustang, Edge and maybe the Fusion.
Reply to
NoOp

Site Timeline Threads