More Camaro Spy Pics -- Interior Views

I can't believe they're leaving those gauges down on the console. And to me the rest of the dash is cutup looking. Why didn't they have the team that did such a nice job on the new Malibu interior, do the Camaro's interior?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Michael Johnson

I couldn't agree more.

Awful interior, it combines all the worst aspects of the '69 interior with some tacky futuristic elements, just for the sake of what? Retro? Blech! They should leave the "retro" on the outside, the inside should be about ergonomics and comfort. The gauges on the floor were a bad idea 40 years ago, that's not retro,... that's just stupid.

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt. '08 Cobra HT

Reply to
John C.

olet_Camaro_Best_Pics_Yet.S178.A13788.html>>

The 67 RS had the gauges in the console. Tach and speedo were in the dash. First car I ever owned with a low fuel warning lamp:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Forget the Camaro with that Butt Ugly interior, What the heck is that on the top front??? A new Chevy El Camino???

My Name Is Nobody

new car w/ an ugly interior...what else is new? I've been really excited about this car, especially since the GT500s are basically VERY "limited edition" and the SRT8 Challengers are apparently going to be worse in that respect. I just wonder if maybe GM can get it right...nah, what am I thinking?

But I'm troubled by what looks to be a vertical bar in the middle of the front grill...WTF is that? Is this supposed to be an homage to the '69-'69 or the 1982 model?

The most intresting thing about the pics is in #12, there's a camoflaged wagon on the back of the carrier...a Magnum competitor, perhaps?

wabbitslayer

01 GT vert
Reply to
Elmer Fudd

Looks like the Speedo & Tach are right where they need to be, and the console is reminiscent of those in the First Generation Camaro. After all it is all about the "Retro" look, not a "fresh" design. Keeping the styling cues closely related to the Gen I's is what will make this car a seller. All of the "retro" versions coming out are trying to stay to original form, not function.

Anyhow, it probably has plenty of idiot lights in the primary dashboard anyhow.

A Wolf of ill repute

Well it is in Camo. Might just be something to distract from what the production car will look like.

Isn't there a new Nomad coming out?

Reply to
A Wolf of ill repute

There are plenty of drivers that can't be trusted to glance away from the road to read gauges in the console. Heck, there are plenty of drivers that can't be trusted when looking at the road only.

Michael Johnson

While that is true, those particular set of gauges I need when I first start up the car. After that while somewhat useful, not mandatory. Matter of fact all I need is a big old honkin Tach, and I'm good to go. Speedo only helps me stop getting tickets, not drive.

I guess you have had to drive a lot of 60's cars to know that not many had full gauge sets anyway.

Reply to
A Wolf of ill repute

OK, slide 'em past me; I have my Instamatic loaded and ready ...

Reply to
Frank ess

I spent a lot of time in a '66 GTO which had its share of idiot lights. I just see that having the gauges in the console is a huge step backward in ergonomics. It's not worth it for the sake of nostalgia, IMO. Plus, that dash design id downright ugly. Leave it to GM to not finish the job and give us a Camaro with rough edges instead of a complete well thought out car.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Camaro gauges in the console, it's retro. and no big deal. I bet it will have a real working oil pressure gauge though unlike my GT....... Dash in my '07 GT retro sucks also but in a modern car the speedo, tach are the main ones, everything else has a warning light to bring attention to it. If you gotta worry about the temp. guage or oil guage ya better fix that POS or park it.

Reply to
Repairman

Yeah but have you looked? The speedo and tach look like someone tossed a couple old soup cans up on the all ready very ugly dash. They look like a last second afterthought. Retro my ass, That thing is HIDEOUS!

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

GM should have gone with "retro-mod" if this is what they consider retro. That dash is fugly and dysfunctional.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

No seat belts would be retro too, but lets not go back there.

Real oil pressure gauges went a way awhile ago. I'll take your bet.

I agree. The tach and speedo both need a redo.

Yea, maybe for the new owner, but down the road (80K+ miles) a temp guage is nice to have.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

FYI -- The Magnum is, unfortunately, being put to rest.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

That's a Holden Ute, a car that GM in their questionable wisdom has decided not to import into North America.

Holden Special Vehicles (their SVT) has a version of the Ute that has 411HP:

Looks like fun. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Jezzus, that's horrendous looking. Did they get their inspiration from a delivery truck dash pod?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher