More HP from 6 cyl

Hi Everyone!

Here is the situation. 1965 mustang that has a 200ci engine. I would like to drop in a 302 in the future but for now I will stick with the 6.

Does anyone have any info on what can be done to the 6? Such as the tri-carb setup, cam, etc. The engine needs a rebuild and I want to give it a little get up and go.

I want to rebuild the six now and then save up for the monster 302 that I really want in the future. I have a rear axle the will have the power, now I just need to make the power. How much power can really be expected from a

200? I've seen 300ci??? 6's in trucks that have alot of torque for the displacement but that has extra cubes to make the difference.

Now for the second question...I was looking the car over and I don't have any front torque boxes. Should I? Are they needed for the V8? I would like to know before I replace the floor pans. I realize I should beef up the structure of the car with things like a monte carlo bar and sub frame connectors, and better suspension, anything else I should keep in mind.

I have an idea of what I need to do but its best to cove the bases and do it right the first time around.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Mulatz

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:07:59 GMT, "Bill S." wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ah the uniqueness of a built inline. Nothing like it. Everybody laughed at me back in the early 70's when I used Clifford to build the snot out of a Chevy inline in a `67 Camaro. They usually stopped after I ate their lunch with that 6 banger. I would love to do it again.

If your going to do something. Do something different. Anyone can do the same old thing everyone else is doing. Be an American, be original.

Only downside is it's a lot more money in.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Somewhere on the web there's a page done by a guy who swaped the I6 out his stang and put in the australian version.... cool stuff.

There was also a website offering cross flow heads from down under but they were pricey. Had the price been lower I would likely have got one for the mav.

Reply to
Brent P

Thanks for the replies...

Its has given me alot to think about. I have a 5 bolt 8" rear for the car and I'm gong to upgrade the front as well.

Now I have to price out my options and see what I can do, I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

Kirk

Reply to
Mulatz