New Reality Show Pinks - WTF?

Anybody see this? A new reality show on TV. Actually looking for people to put their 1/4 mile killers head in the guillotine.

Lose the race and you lose title to your car? Yeah, right. No matter what car you have, somebody's always faster. Just like no matter how well you think you can fight, you can get your ass beat. Or how well you shoot, etc...(ever lose to your wife at bench rifle target practice? I did...it sucked!)

Saw this link off of racingjunk dot com

Aweb show with somebody actually losing their car. WTF? Then of course adsfor others to get on TV and attempt to lose their fully titled car. Ha!Right. Anybody willing to give speed channel a free car to promote the showshould just sell the car for cash.

**Nobody gives a crap if you're on TV. ESPECIALLY if you lose your car!**
Reply to
Jimmy

I hate to break it to you Zeke, but those reality shows are scripted and no one is going to lose their car and get nothing in return. Sounds as stupid as any other reality show. But, if they could arrange to have Donald Trump just short of the 1/4 mile mark so he gets hit by either car, I'd watch it.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

He probably thought that WWF was real westling...

Reply to
JohnR66

While I'm fully aware that WWF/WWE isn't real wrestling... I know that a) people have done this in the past, mostly back in the muscle car heydays... b) people in general will do almost anything to get on TV... and c) some people think their car is faster than anyone else's. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't for real. But... I think that the winner either gets to keep the car or get a prize that they would otherwise give to the loser for appearing on TV. In some cases, the prize is probably worth more than the opponent's car.

JS

Reply to
JS

There was a write-up on this show in Car Craft. The producers buy both the cars, starting with fairly similar models, and turn them over to two-person teams. The teams try to tune up their cars and in the final showdown the winning team gets both cars. The cars in the Car Craft story were basic '70's beaters, Firebirds iirc. It didn't look very interesting. I mean, you can watch real drag racers duke it out in NHRA meets just about every weekend.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

On 3 Apr 2005 22:01:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ah hell I've been watching this show, it is exactly as you describe it. They buy two exact cars, two teams of two guys each do some minor build-ups on em to hawk somebody or another speed product then haul em out to the local dragstrip to run head to head.

The way it works is these brothers host the show and pick up two identical cars, the one I saw it was IROC Z's. They bring in the two teams of two guys who do a coin toss to see who picks which car. They then dyno em to get a baseline. After that both teams are given mods to make by the hosts, usually designed to Hawk some sponsors product. If they get those mods done in time they are offered their choice of a second mod from a choice of like three. They then dyno loth cars again to see what improvements were made and head out to the track. The winning team gets both cars, or in another words each guy on the team gets to keep one. The teams are usually made up of guys that are buds.

Reply to
ZombyWoof