New Tire Question

I have a 99 6cyl, 15" Goodyear Eagles. Tires have 34,563 miles on them. Thinking about replacing them before winter. Does anyone have any opinions on a good all year tire, that isn't as noisy as the Eagles? I've had good luck with them, but they do seem to have a little more road noise than some others. I'm a LOW MILEAGE driver, as you can see from the odometer. With a company car, this one is a weekend playtoy. I'm keeping it until next fall, and popping for a 05 program stang.

TIA

Reply to
Name withheld by request

If you're going to get a new car soon, why bother with new tires? If your current ones just won't make it through the winter, get a set of used ones. Cost you half as much as new.

Reply to
boB

I just got a set of Falkan Ziex ZE 512's for the daily driver. They are ~ $60 each. It's a triple tread design. They are quiet, a good water pumper, and rated excellent on traction, longevity and temperature.

Reply to
John

Allot would depend on where you live too. If it's someplace like California where you seldom get ice and snow that would be one thing. If it's someplace like Wisconsin, then that would be another!

Kate

| > TIA | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well, I won't be getting a new car "soon"......it will probably be october or november next year, after the program cars start filtering back into the ford dealers. My dad retired after 32 years selling fords just a couple years ago, so I'm just going to wait until any "bugs" are worked out, and get one next fall, but I'm going to get an 05 if possible...superstision.......I've ALWAYS bought odd year mustangs...... 85, 89, 95, 99.....why break the trend. Every one of them have been excellent cars, without any problems.

Reply to
Name withheld by request

You are right. I read into the post there were significant seasonal differences. The Ziex are a good inexpensive all season M + S radial tire.

Reply to
John

If they live in a place like Wisconsin the Mustang better be in a garage for winter!

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Hell, mine is in the garage 29 days of the month these days.

It's startin to piss me off.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate