O2 sensor problem

The check engine light came on. It showed that it's the left O2 sensor. Does that affect the car performace coz I didn't feel much difference because I can't pay for a new one and installing it rite now. thnks

Reply to
mustangGT_00

It will impact your emissions and you gas mileage to a little extent and it will get worse over time, although not all that quickly. It won't effect performance because the PCM doesn't use them when you're running the car hard.

You could try pulling the one indicated and cleaning it off a bit. You can't do much because you don't want to force a replacement :) and because whatever is on there is pretty tough since the sensor gets pretty damn hot. I wouldn't dip it or spay it, although I know folks who use brake cleaner and it seems to burn off clean, but you could brush off anything flakey. I've read of using a propane torch and a brush, as well.

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

Propane torch is a sure way to have to replace the thing... Get a butane cigar lighter (the ones that have a blue flame), and use that to burn off gunk without ruining the sensor.

Reply to
japhar81

i call BULL CRAP

the pcm goes to a preprogramed mixture rate and uses other senosors in place of 02 sensors the mixture however is generic\

clean a o2 sensor

u are a complete MORON arnt ya what a waste of time .2-.9 volts dirty or clean ya tard

lmfao

i bet you own a ford too

lmfao u go girl

hurc ast