00 Camry rough idle after O2 sensor replacement

Hi,

My 00 Camry had engine check light on two weeks ago. My dealer said it was an air-fuel ratio sensor problem. The engine was very smooth even with the bad sensor. However, after I replaced it with an O2 sensor with universal type of connector, the car became a little jumpy during acceleration. And the idle speed varies a lot. The symptoms immediately disappear if I disconnect the new sensor. Is it just an O2 sensor problem, or something else? Please help me out!

Reply to
snowman

Is the sensor you replaced the one before or after the catalyst? Toyota is now calling the sensor before the catalyst the "air-fuel ratio sensor" and the sensor after the catalyst the "Oxygen sensor." According to my information, the new "air-fuel ratio sensor" works on a differnet voltage principle than the older "O2" sensors which are now used after the catalyst.

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to