Octane Booster/TEL substitute

I've got a completely stock 390 4V in the '69 Mach 1 I just bought. No hardened valve seats. The previous 2 owners have used STP's Lead Substitute since tetraethyl lead was phased out of gasoline, 1976 to 1986. Anyone seen any issue with STP's Lead Substitute? Anyone have good experience with anything else?

Reply to
John

I've used this in our antique boat - Ford V-8 - For many years now. It's less than $7.00 for the 32 oz. bottle, which treats 320 gallons.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1