Oil price / gas price divide wider than it's ever been

In Canada. $94/barrel and $1.27 a litre. In 2008, it was $140/barrel and $1.40/L. The station owners aren't making any more than they ever did. TAXES and LIBERALS are the cause! Each L of gas carries almost 40% tax. Add that to the $1000 guzzler tax you pay on a Mustang. Even if you only drive it on weekends in the summer...

Reply to
Rich

The cause is the corporatist economic system and monetary policy.

Gasoline is cheap.... in real, constitutional, US$. (defined as a weight of silver). Don't believe me? Check out what a silver US silver dollar with NO COLLECTOR VALUE is worth right now. ah hell a 90% silver quarter.... you'll get a gallon of gasoline and change back.

Reply to
Brent

Let me just fire up the time machine and go back to 1966 and exchange my Canadian change for silver ones.

Reply to
Rich

You're missing the point.

Reply to
Brent

It's not as simple as blame it on the price of a barrel, or how much who is making off a gallon, or even how much tax is applied.

The times are a-changin' to borrow from Bob Dylan.

The causes are many and accumulative.

Reply to
D E Willson