Overpriced Eurotrash

Another example of why overpriced European cars rank last in quality behind Japan and the U.S.

RichA

RichA opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I read it... and your statement is quite a reach!

I'm no great fan of the Euro-quality myth but that's a really poor example.

Better would be the experience of VW owners and the historic track record of the various Audi lines:

New model reviews v owner experiences after the car ages a little.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Did we buy these used too, like we bought used subs from British? Our military should dump these P.O.S and buy some real Hummers (not those stupid SUV H2 things) and be done with it.

Snow..."title song for the Canadian Navy..six months in a leaky boat"

Snow

at 07 Dec 2004, RichA [ snipped-for-privacy@none.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Can you be more specific on how you reach your above conclusion? On first read to me it sounds like these vehicles wre subjected to conditions not expected by the manufacturer. Combined with non standard addons. They appear to be cosmetic rather than structural. Seems the manufacturer is responsible enough to address the issue at no cost to the buyer. Sounds to me like a good company to buy from. A company that actually is US/Eurepean or European/US owned. Mercedes Benz is the 'Daimler' part of Daimler/Chrysler. :-) BTW, what has this to do with Ford or Mustang?

Reply to
Paul

Uh, the floor never cracked in my four Mustangs, including my

1993 which had almost 300,000km on it.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

How does a Canadian truck qualify as "eurotrash"?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Was it armored??

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Well, in his eyes, anything not made here in 'merica has to either eurotrash or jap-crap.

You just have to make your mind work at 30%. You can do this by eating at McDonalds daily, or by holding your head under water for 10 minutes....

Reply to
The Rebel