VW to leave US Market

Kind of a sad situation but considering lack of quality of my last 2 VWs (1993 Eurovan, 2000 Passat) and crappy customer service no surprise.

Owned my first VW in 1965

"For the first time in some time, the phrase If we are to stay in the U.S.' precedes a lot of conversations at VW."

WVK

Reply to
WVK

Your subject line is rather misleading and does not reflect the content of the cited article. But I guess that's OK, since you were just trolling anyway, weren't you?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

I meant to put a "?" in the subject line and I admit that VWOA has pissed me off.

WVK

snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (WVK) wrote in news:Ab8oi.3255$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net:

VW's demise or exit from the US market has been predicted before; are things significantly worse than the previous times?

Maybe I've just been lucky, but my '81 Jetta and '02 Passat have both been good cars.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

My 2003 Jetta 1.8T has been a great car. I have 82,000 miles on it, and the interior is holding up very well (I specifically mention that because of the article). In fact, it looks practically brand new. But then again, I keep my car very clean, especially the interior. I did have a couple minor issues with the car while it was under warranty (or recall items), but the local dealership here in NH took care of everything very well, and I have no complaints with the service I've gotten. In fact, when they replaced the front window clips for that recall, they even replaced my driver's door window, because it had some scratches on it -- and I'm not sure the scratches had anything to do with the clip issue.

I do admit that the exterior of the newer Jetta is a bit bland, although the GLI is a little better. I think the redesign of the Passat was achieved with greater success. VW does need to be careful not to go too mainstream. There are soo many good cars out there these days that they need to differentiate themselves a bit better.

- Corey

Reply to
Corey

Reply to