---->Ping Bill S. A real Mustang question.....

Or anyone that may know.

What colour was the '67 Jerry Titus Terlingua car. Was it a factory Ford colour? Springtime Yellow looks way too pale!(?) Or was it just what ever bright yellow thay had in the shop?

StuK

Horsepowered.com sucks yada yada.....

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I give up after searching for an hour and calling a couple of people.

I now sit and wait for the *final answer* from Bill.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I'm not gonna throw out easy questions!

I've seen it referred to as Tequila Yellow with Mesquite Black trim but that was in a spoof for sale ad after the 1967 Trans Am season, the "ad" picture shows the car after what looks like a severe roll over and the right front fender is mashed to the inner fenderwell!

I can't find a Ford "Tequila Yellow" paint code! g^P StuK

Horsepowered.com sucks yada yada.....

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I read an article years ago in Mustang and Fords when Jerry Titus' son was building a clone car he called "Tribute". They contacted the guy that came up with the original paint, which was not a factory color, so they could get it matched correctly. The racing team called the color, according to the article, "God Awful Yellow".

Scott W. '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Yeah, it was rolled. Here is a great article I found on it while searching for the answer.

2.3Sleeper

Not sure, but his alternate car is still run in the Vintage series. Will check with Peter the owner as to what the official color is called and get back to you:

Recent races: General Racing/HMSA ? 2003 LRP Vintage Fall Festival SVRA ? 2003 Watkins Glen Zippo

Bill S.

Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com for edit> Or anyone that may know.

Reply to
Bill S.

For comparison, the Bob Estes L&M uses the original Ford Medium yellow paint scheme for their car.

Bill S.

Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com for editing or deleting posts/threads that do not originate from their forum.

Bill S. wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks Bill and everyone else for chiming in! I was thinking it was close to a '70/'71 W code "Yellow" as the D code "Bright Yellow" (AKA Grabber Yellow) looks too deep. The Terilingua seems just a little paler than that. It doesn't really matter if it is a Ford colour but it's easier to at least compare it to real colour by its code. Thanks for the links. I'll be saving them too! StuK

horsepowered.com is a sucking

Reply to
Stuart&Janet