Having lots of trouble.

I am trying to bring a 1973 bug back from the grave and it is becoming a money pit. So here is the deal does anyone have a good used turn signal switch and a wiper switch that they are willing to sell cheap. I on on S.S. and it does not go very far. The problem is that this bug was retreived from a lake after being stolen and then it set for about 3yr's with nothing being done to clean anything up. I had to cut the top off because the people that pulled it out of the lake had their heads up their ass's when thay put the strapthrough the doors and just lifted until the top and door frames were totaled. I was real suprised that it seems that no water got into the engine except for a couple of cly. It also got into the gas tank and I just chucked it aside and got a new one. Everything seems to be done except for the electric system and that looks like it is going to be some job. So far I have put every spare dime into it for the last 4 or 5mo's. I may get it painted some time way down the road so for now I have named it the rotten pumpkin since that is about what it looks like. I have had many vw projects years ago but none like this. Back in the late 60's I even had a vw van that was green with yellow daisy's. No way could I hide from the cops with that one. : ' ) Phil

Reply to
PHILLIP COYLE

E-mail me and I'll see what we can come up with.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I need to search the Campbell area to see if I can find the guy with the vw graveyard. Need a few parts for my 74 as well.

Reply to
Terry Tarrants