Ping .......BillS

Bill,

After changing the harness back to the cougar harness there was no change. I have now install a new throttle body but that didn't help either.

It simply is running too rich. I checked the error codes and found that it has 81, 82, 85 and 95.

81 and 82 are for the thermactor...I don't use it.

85 had three things Canister purge circuit or transmission shift control circuit / Excessive fuel pressure or flow / Canister purge circuit. I don't care if the purge circuit works...but fuel flow HMMMMMM

95 Fuel pump circuit and Thermactor air divertor. Don't know about the Fuel pump circuit. I did have to run a new wire to get the power to the fuel pump.

I can't see how any of these would effect the car being rich except maybe the fuel stuff.

I have only had it hot only once and it seemed to idle. Not great but it did Idle.

Do you see anything that I am missing?

DaveT

Reply to
frog

Dave,

Your obviously having a fuel control problem. This is something that will need to be addressed, as the computer is what controls these items. Take it to a local garage and have them clear the codes, disconnect the battery over night, while the battery is disconnected, check all of your "new wire" connections to make sure that they are not loose, or that the soldered joints (you did solder the connections didn't you?) did not come undone, and that the gauge of wire your using was of the proper size............Next, after the computer has been reset, and the codes have been cleared, fire it up, let it go to idle, then turn it off and check for codes again. If you have #85 again, then your purge circuit needs repairing or replacing (this will effect the way the engine runs). Finally, check to make sure your oxygen sensors are hooked up, if they are not, then the engine will run rich, and will run very rough............Let us know how these items are after you have done everything I said above......................

Bill S.

frog wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.