Re: Diagnostic code P1447

P1447, the definition for Ford vehicles is "EVAP System Purge Flow Monitor." No difference really. The code points to a problem with the vacuum control valve that controls the opening and closing of your EVAP charcoal canister that captures gas vapors from the gas tank. As far as I can tell, the canister rarely goes bad, so there might be a problem with the vacuum hoses to the canister, the circuitry to the valve/sensor, or the valve/sensor itself. Examine the hoses for blockage or breaks first, before you check the circuit, or the vacuum control valve.

My check engine light is coming on after I use the air conditioner in my
97 ranger. The diagnostic
code that they gave me when I had the truck inspected was P1447.

According to scan.net that

equates to "ELC System Closure Valve Flow Fault". > > I have no idea what that means, but would like to fix it myself if it's

not too difficult. Any

ideas on what I can do to fix the problem? > > Thanks, > Scott > >
Reply to
V.B. Mercon