Ping Bill or Mustang Guy

Guys I am having trouble with my mass air conversion. I converted my son's 89 LX from a 2.3 to a 5.0 two years ago. I just put new heads E7TE and Cam and intake (Both HO) on also. No other changes except mass air stuff.

I bought an A9P (since I have an AOD tranny) and Mass air meter, harness and hoses to connect the Mass air stuff.

The car now runs but just barely. Seems to be rich also but not sure since it doesn't run very long.

I have tested mass air meter (on car, but as I said it doesn't run long) and Throttle sensor both are good. I changed out the A9P with an A3M and it did exactly the same thing. (Happen to have A3M laying around).

I did have to connect two wires to the wiring harness to get the fuel pump to work but don't see that they would effect anything.

Anyway, the motor was out of an 88 Cougar but nothing is still stock except the rods, crank, block and throttle body. Could it be the throttle body is just too small? (Grasping at straws) I have ordered another one but......

Thanks

DaveT

Reply to
frog