Pinging Severist

brings up some fool in Bellevue, WA. I'm on Facebook, but decided to keep the account to extended family, only. Great way to keep an eye on the far-flung members. I should set up a second account for everyone else...
dwight
Reply to
dwight
Actually, you'd be a fool if you lived in Bellevue for seven years and always complained about the occasional humidity. Jean dragged me out there a few years ago when she had to go out on business, and I found the Seattle/Bellevue area to be absolutely beautiful (in early April), despite a constant drizzle. Took a ride down to Ranier, too, and it was the first time I saw a real mountain up close and personal.
I've spent my entire life here on the East coast, thinking that mountains were anything 2,000 feet high or better.
is this fool. dwight
Reply to
dwight
snipped-for-privacy@t34g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
A coworker has a friend here who has spent most of their life in Florida - I guess she was amazed at what we call hills and that everything is covered in trees. I've been in this area all my life. I can put up with the rain (most of the time) for the payoff. The only problem is they can't predict the weather, which makes planning outdoor events (drag racing, anyone?) difficult.
Steve
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve
On Jun 9, 11:50=C2=A0am, "xo=C9=9F=C9=B9ospu=C4=B1=CA=8D" wrote:
:b2b51e32
Go figure. My Rav4 is AWD, but would probably still get squirrely on the launch.
Steve
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve
I'm a very private person. Like I said, this account is for extended family (and "family" means "relatives"). Wanna be my friend? Try this new one:
!/profile.php?id=100001266060421 I'm also a firm believer of separation of church and state. I have a family account, another for business, and now this new open, public one. I welcome any and all (within reason and subject to the censors' approval).
:()

Reply to
dwight
b51e32
I guess it's kind of like us closing school and all the .gov offices =
and the mall when a more than 4 sneaux flakes fall...
--=20 =2E
"Ease up on the ko0laid m00nbat!" - L0afy
Reply to
WindsorFo
No I mean *how*, but I figured it out. I StG they have made the=20 privacy so convoluted and hard to figure out I can't see how anyone=20 does. I have a lot of people I've never met on mine, but I don't post=20 anything that I wouldn't yell at the mall.
--=20 =2E
"Ease up on the ko0laid m00nbat!" - L0afy
Reply to
WindsorFo
Agreed, that. The day I signed on to Facebook, I went by the same rules as any other internet interaction. Even more so, when I decided to keep it to family. But, still, I never considered "privacy" as part of the deal. And with Facebook routinely changing their privacy settings, you have to revisit that area periodically.
It's a great way for me to keep tabs on the folks now living in CA, AZ, FL, SC, etc. 5 siblings, 12 nieces & nephews, and uncounted grandnieces/nephews at this point, and I can poke each and every one of 'em when I want.
When some of my industry friends wanted to be Facebook friends, I set up another account for that. There, I do accept requests from people I've never met (but know most by reputation), but since it's connected to my business life, I'm even more careful about what goes on there.
I've just set up a Group on Facebook called.... uh... rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang. Not a replacement, just another option.
dwight
Reply to
dwight

Site Timeline Threads