Power Steering Hose

The power steering hose for my 91 GT needs replacing. I jacked up my car crawled underneath with my wrenches only to find that I cannot access the flare nuts at the rack and pinion. I have temporarily been able to splice the hose with a new section but really want to fix it properly. Unfortunately, my Chilton's manual does not explain what all needs to happen to get to the hose fittings on the rack and pinion (it just says becareful not to damage the fitting to the pump as you will need to replace the whole hose -- it never tells how to change the hose).

Can anyone tell me what I am in for to change the hose? Im guessing it is going to be ugly but don't know just how ugly it's going to get.

If you want to reply via email remove the underscores.

91 Red GT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 266K + Miles Original engine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply to
91RedGT

Whe I replaced the hoses on my '89, I had to loosen the two big bolts that hold the rack to the frams and slide it towrds the fornt of the car. That gave enough room to loosen the two hoses.

Reply to
hank

Much Appreciated.

Thx!