Pro Products Intakes??

I was mucking about in Ebay when I ran across a vendor selling carb intakes from a company called Pro Products. At first glance, they looked like direct knockoffs of the Edelbrock line, but it seems they have incorporated some useful revisions. Prices look pretty good. Anybody here seen or used them? Feedback?

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I've seen 2 of them install on 5.0. They are basically a Edelbrock knock off as you guessed. The polished version looks really good and from what the owners say they both work well. The car the polished one is on also has NOS.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

MADE IN CHINA, if it matters. A friend bought one of the performer RPM style carbed intakes, but hasn't had a chance try it out. The quality looked good and the casting was smoother than a Eldelbrock.

Reply to
winze

I put a polished one on my kids' '65 289 fb, with a Road Demon on top and also running tri-Y's, 2-chamber Flows, and Pertronix Ignitor II and Flamethrower. I've got no before and after numbers, and I still need to go a little leaner with the jets, but I can say this never-been-apart C code, with 3.50:1 gears and Auburn LSD, will now spin the 215/70R-14's a little from a roll and also on the 1-2 shift.

Of course, the main reason to go with Professional Products is the price, iirc about $180 for a polished SB Ford unit, versus at least a hundred more for the comparable Edelbrock.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

JC, winze, 180: thanks for the info, guys.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet