Re: AAMCO Rant

Ya you're the punk who "told me so" hehe *sigh*. BUT they did do a good

> job in teh end. > > >

I SERIOUSLY doubt that AAMCO did a good job.... Time will tell !

good luck though! glad it's runnin agin...

Reply to
rayfox

Well so far the car is running like new still & I drove her pretty hard. (Guys.. come on now.. don't read too much into that ;]) Anyway... everybody around here recommends them. So far so good!

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Punk?!? LOL! Guess you haven't seen my pic. Like rayfox said, we'll see how good (??) those bozos are. I'll bet the tranny doesn't last through next summer.

wrote in news:mlKlb.914$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

I've heard that they offer a lifetime warranty that's good provided you bring it in once a year for inspection. I assume their theory is that very few people will bring it in more then once so in practice it little more then a one year warranty. But if you do bring it in every year it's lifetime. A friend of mine had an early 70's Trans-Am that he had them rebuild and he hardly ever drives it but he does take it in once a year for the inspection.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

What's the lifetime warranty cost, and what are the conditions under which it remains valid?

AAMCO still has a lousy reputation and it's well deserved IMO. Sure, there may be exceptions to the rule, but why gamble?

AZGuy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Joe

The AAMCO here doesn't offer a lifetime warranty... at least they sure as hell didn't mention one. It's a 90 day warranty. All I can say is my car has never driven so nicely & I am damn pleased w/ 'em. Maybe I lucked out :).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I don't know if AAMCO still offers the lifetime warranty but I'd never get a rebuild at a place that only stands behind it for 90 days. The shop I use is one year warranty.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

They offer a 1 year warranty for automatics... 90 day for standards. People can put a lot of wear & tear on a standard easier than on an auto I'd imagine.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

There is a shop local to me where a friend of mine had the auto trans in his 95 F250 rebuilt. When he picked up the truck he asked what kind of breakin period there would be. "Break in period? There's no breakin period, you can get out there on Choctaw right now and nail it and flip it in and out of R to D all day and if it breaks, I'll fix it." Now THAT'S a warranty.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

That reminds me of when I had a corvair with the two speed powerglide. I took it off road a lot and in some places you had to go long distances in low range because it was slow uphill going. I stopped by the dealership and asked them if it was OK to use low gear like that. Got the short answer of "If it wasn't OK, they wouldn't put low gear on it."