Re: Cleaning Gunk Out Of Overflow Tank

From: "Cory Dunkle"

>Better yet... Toss it in the dishwasher. >This works best if you are single. >;)

And if you aren't single you would be shortly :-)

Take a rag and insert it into the tank which has some water and soap in it and slosh around, with alittle persistance it will come clean.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Don't forget to add some water / soda ash / baking soda to neutralize the acid. Just rinsing it out won't really get *all * of it out.

While I doubt it would actually cause any problems in the future, better to be safe about it !

"Buford T. Justice"

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Remember chemistry lab? Triple rinse it! That'll get 99.99% of it.

Reply to
John

Unfortunately they are considerably more than $10 retail through Ford. You would be looking at about $49 or so.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Just for reference, Baume is just a density scale used to report the strength of some chemicals like hydrochloric acid. Muriatic is just a common name for hydrochloric.

Phosphoric acid, as you would find in Naval Jelly, is less corrosive than hydrochloric and might have been a good choice. It is slower to work too.

Reply to
Larry Smith

Some guy was trying to buy one off me, and he swore he could clean it, so I asked him how in the world he was going to do it. He said he put a few links of chain in it (as an abrasive) and some simple green and shook it. Kind of like the ice I guess. I think sand or small rocks would work even better, but in any case I never would have thought of a chain.

Reply to
Joe

Dilute hydrochloric, that is. Obviously you don't want to use any high concentration for general cleaning :). I think "muriatic" implies a certain (low) concentration.

Reply to
Stephen H. Westin