68 coupe but no title

I found a decent 68 that needs to be restored but no title. Anyone know how to get that fixed. Anyone junking a 68 coupe that would be interesting in selling the car so I can get a title?

Mark

Reply to
mark

"mark" wrote

Contact the local DMV. They should be able to tell you how to get one. Usually you end up having to get a bond then have the local PD or highway patrol verify the VIN and off you go. Some places require a salvage title if it's too far gone, even if your restore it to showroom and there's no frame damage.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Reply to
69GT4spdtrac-loc

This is true, but call the DMV first, though. They'll tell you the truth about what you'll really have. You can get a title, but remember somebody else has a title too, and theirs is actually valid (in other words, somebody owns that car).

Reply to
Joe