Re: Head Rest

Get yourself a racing helmet, then it'll be just about perfect.

I, too, had this very same problem, until once at the track in my '97 Cobra. It was the first thing I'd taken to the track with even the remote possibility of 13's, so I took along a motorcycle helmet that was approved. The first thing I noted was that with the extra skull on, I could rest my head against the headrest and actually see out of the windshield, as opposed to looking at the roof of the car.

The other thing that is a major problem with my use of the headrest is that I'm 6'1" tall. To sit in a car the size of a Mustang, especially my Cobra, requires the seat to be all the way back and the seatback to be leaned way back as well, just to provide proper arm reach of the wheel. I would be more comfortable sitting closer to upright and having the seat a little farther back, but I'm at the end of the travel. This leans the headrest even farther behind me.

JS

What do you guys think of the headrest in Mustangs ? > I find it far back....never get to rest my head and drive ... > > - SS > >
Reply to
JS

On both my 96 and 99 GT's the headrest was too far back. My head could never touch it and I never used them. However, on my 03 Cobra, they are perfect. I can finally rest my head back and cruise down the highway in total comfort. Ahhh.. Now lets hope I don't doze off. :-0

Jim

03 Cobra
Reply to
nytebyte

The seats in my 2002 GT are the most miserable seats that I've ever encountered; I can't rest my head on the headrest and see the road at the same time-- I have actually written to Ford and complained about the seats, so maybe they have gotten other complaints and changed the seats to be more comfortable.

Other than the seats, I have very little to compalin about with my GT Convertible....

Reply to
Ralph Snart

but its the little things that count .... :-( ...

Reply to
Silver Stang

Yup, the seat sucks. My F-150 is more comfortable to drive. Not to mention, I'm only 5'8". I have the seat about 90% of the way back. That car's definitely not designed for a tall person. Also, being the first at a traffric light, I either sit a carlength back from the light or bend down so I can see when it changes green.

On the same line of design flaws, love it when it rains. Can't have the windows down, even the slightest, unless I want the electric window switches filled up with water due to no rain gutter.

Oh well, I'm out of time. Gotta be at Ford in half an hour for warranty repairs.

Toby '01 GT coupe, auto

Reply to
Toby

Head rest is a misnomer. They are not for resting your head. They are restraints for when your rear ended. If you've ever seen a lowback seat crash test you'll know that when your hit hard from behind your neck bends so far back you're staring out the back window. They are designed as a catchers mitt for your noggin.

Driving is a time when you shouldn't be resting.... StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I agree that you shouldn't be resting when you are driving, but I do think you need to be relaxed when you drive. Provides for a more enjoyable road trip.

Reply to
Greg B.

What you said makes sense ... drive a honda accord and see the difference ... seat is quite comfortable ... or for that matter even a toyota celica ... you can actually have the head rest support your head while driving ...

it seems like in the mustang we prolly might hit our head back quite hard on the head rest when rear ended...

- SS

restraints for when

that when your

back window. They