Re: Newbie... Advice needed! Thanks...

at 30 Jun 2003, messerschmitt 262 [ww2fighter snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Thanks, Paul... > Yes, I have spoken to some friends, and they do think that v6 to v8 > would not be easy, So I'm now exploring the possibility of improving > the car as much as possible still with a V6. Ok... a couple grand > for a blower isnt that bad for me... also thinking of a dual exhaust > kit...high performance oil pump... relocation oil filter... high > performance rotors for brakes..high performance ignition > systems...maybe nitrous system and other minor enhancements.

Dual exhaust won't give you much performance increase. It'll improve the sound though. :-) make sure you get one that eliminates the 'Y' in the current system or you are just wasting your mony. Actaullyt, something JD said a while back come to mind about a high flow cat giving more increase than a dual exhaust sometimes. JD? Rotors are easy. GT and Cobra rotors/calipers will fit your V6 quite easily. So you could put on bigger roters and dual piston calipers if you want to stop real quick. I would recommend subframe connectors and both tower and K-member braces to stiffen up the car. You'll notice the difference. Also JD has had good results with a Bullitt Suspension kit you can buy for about $400. It will lower your Mustang slightly but when coupled with Bullitt swaybars will much improve your ride. If you intend to boost HP, you'll need those improvements...

1)I have noticed a lot of sporty V6s use twin turbos... would that > be more adequete than a supercharger for my car? price?

I can't answer that one. Maybe somebody else in here can.

2)And, although I'd prefer standard transmission, the car is > automatic, and I'm guessing it would be difficult to convert it. > I've heard of high performance automatic transmissions...good street > performance, developing decent power... basically, my question is, > how/where can I find better automatic transmission than the stock > one I have, or if there are any things I can do with my > transmission? Thanx again

You can swap for manual tranny. It's not that hard. It does incorporate some wiring harness modifications and the addition of a clutch pedal. Not quite sure how to improve on the auto tranny as I have a manual one. Possibly rebuild it with higher spec parts?

Reply to
Paul