Rear Seat Belts for 65 Convertible

I want to install belts for rear seat passengers.

Exactly what belt should I order? They do not have to be retractable.

Please give me a vendor and part number if possible. The car has a parchment interior. I've looked at a lot of web sites and none indicate what belt is for the rear seats.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike Knight

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

I want original. I have an old Paddock catalog, but it does not indicate specifcally that any of the belts listed are for the rear seats.

I also cannot find any web listings specifically for rear seats.

Help!!!

Reply to
Mike Knight

Pick up a telephone and CALL a Mustang supply vendor like the Paddock.

Contrary to popular belief, ALL knowledge is not on the web.

Erich I love the web, but when you can't find an answer, let your fingers do the walking.

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

Try this site:

I looked thru the Mustang parts catalog and I found no illustration for '65 Mustang (or Falcon) rear seatbelts....It doesn't mean they don't exist.

But, under the '66 illustration I found the following:

Mustang Rear seat belt assy. Before 1/3/66 - C6AZ-62613B84 From 1/3/66 to 5/16/66 - C6AZ-63613B84 "EAJ" is the suffix code for Parchment. From 5/16/66 - C6AZ-65613B84 "BAJ" is the suffix code for Parchment.

If they weren't there from the factory, you'll need anchor plates - #61216. Like these:

Dinsdale

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

I had some seatbelts restored at Ssnake Oyl. Prices were right & they looked brand new original. Fronts & rears are the same. I'm pretty sure they sell them outright. I'd give 'em a try, they're on the web:

Oh yeah, they're not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

bill Car: '64.5 Mustang: 260 V8, 3 sp, factory a/c, SVO cam, Performer intake, Holley 390 cfm carb, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust manifolds, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq Thrust D's

Guns: Colt AR15, Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill