Replace Mach 460 Head Unit

I'd like to exchange the MACH 460 6-disk CD player in my '04 Mach 1 for a MP3 player. Though I'd prefer an aftermarket MP3 player, the one Ford offers would be fine.

Is swapping in any MP3 player (Ford or otherwise) even possible without ripping out the entire stock MACH 460?

I found the link to the company that makes the MACH MP3 player, would it plug right in?

If the swap is possible, would the dealership be able to do the swap for me?

Thanks.

Reply to
bchick

I have a totally aftermarket Kenwood Deck in my 96 GT w/Mach460. They just had to put in some kind of lil adaptor. I don't remember it costing much. Don't let anyone convince you to put in an amp since your Mach460 has either

1 or two amps already.
Reply to
Scotter

Two amps... wanna see what they look like?

Kate

| > Is swapping in any MP3 player (Ford or otherwise) even possible without | > ripping out the entire stock MACH 460? | >

| > I found the link to the company that makes the MACH MP3 player, would | > it plug right in? | >

| > If the swap is possible, would the dealership be able to do the swap | > for me? | >

| > Thanks. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

After some more digging on the net I've found it doesn't look very promising.

For 2001, Ford changed how the 460 was set up and all the adapters that worked previously no longer do. From then on there have been some creative solutions.

I found the following How-To:

What are the odds that any car audio shop will follow those instructions in order to install a new head unit for me? I no longer have the time or the patience to do something like that myself. A $400 headunit purchase and upgrade is something my wife will sign off on; while a $800+ new stereo is something she won't.

Reply to
bchick

Yep, Kate, I've wanted to see your amps for awhile now! ;) Seriously, I'd like to see what the amps in my 96 look like!

Reply to
Scotter

Oh man.. I looked and looked, then looked again. Damned if I can find that photo!

Of course, all you have to do is pull your back seat, there they are. Behind the upper part. If I find it, I'll let you know.

Sorry! Kate

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to