Saw a nice mustang this weekend...

Was a 2000+ GT I think. Not quite sure on the year. Black...gorgeous.

and damn was it FAST...we pulled up at a stop light, I actually bogged the engine accidentally on launch so that didn't help. So he tore me up on that. Then a few minutes later, we went at it again from a 45mph side by side roll. Did good there, but he still pulled on me. Think if I had shifted down to 1st instead of 2nd I probably would've been able to keep even, but that would've been the BEST I could hope for.

Man, I wanna see wtf he's got underneath that hood...

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

"Stephan Rose" wrote

Please tell me you weren't riding the YZF?!?!?! :) lol

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I was!

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

WTF???

365 lbs, 600cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder, 120 Horsepower, 68.1 ft.lbs Torque, 15,500-rpm redline...
Reply to
351CJ

Yep, that's about right.

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

Nowhere near 120 HP unless it is heavily modded. More like 99 ponies and 43 ft/lbs torque. See

and
for more info. Thomas '85 RZ500 '99 FZR600 '03 CBR600RR

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

120 at the crank, 100 at the wheel.

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

I'd believe it. At 15,500 rpm, the torque to hp conversion factor is

3.0 (15,500/5252). So 120 hp would require only 40 lb-ft of torque. 180 Out
Reply to
one80out