Re: A Nice Day

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:54:35 -0500, John Willis ran around screaming and yelling:

Hope everyone else had as nice of a Saturday as we did!

Great story John...thanks for sharing...my saturday started bad, but ended nice....i got up and had to go to the local DMV...got real lucky and it only took an hour...then off to work...worked till after

8pm...got home a bit after 9...decided to go to the store for some smokes around midnight...(the store is about twenty minutes away)...i took my bug off my trailer, and went to the store....the long way.......ended up doing two hours worth of driving....about a hundred miles...wooohooo...just for fun too...i love that car... Joey
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:25:26 -0400, Joey Tribiani , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

I had a decent Saturday. I got up, helped my wife clean up around the house some, and then went outside. Moved the bug into the garage and cranked up a couple of fans and the radio and went to work on fixing the exhaust system. That took maybe 1/2 hour of me tugging, clamping, cussing, etc, but it should hold for a while longer now. Went to move the bug back to its little parking pad on the side of the garage and notice a pretty sizeable puddle of some sort of fluid. Pulled the bug back into the garage and climbed up under it. Sure enough. Another busted axle boot. No....wait....two of them. Ugh. My last offroading trip did a little more damage than I'd realized. Called the parts store at 12:30 and found they were only open until 12 on Saturday and not open on Sunday at all. So I know what I'll be doing next Saturday morning. Heated up pork rib leftovers from last weekend when I'd cooked a TON of them on the grill. (Don't worry, I'd kept them in the freezer during the week.) Kim heated up some leftover homemade chicken enchiladas. A couple of friends of ours came by with a bunch of food/chips/dip/beer and we played Ghettopoly and had a few laughs. I think maybe I'll cook something on the grill today... John inspired me with his list of stuff he cooked out. :-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Yea, Travis needs us visiting him like a fish needs a bicycle.... ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:27:29 +0300, Jan Andersson , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

I've been meaning to answer this post for a few days but I still don't know for sure what's planned for this weekend coming up besides me replacing my axle boots on the bug... I'll be around. Gary, if you're gonna be in the area then get in touch with me to see what's up.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:01:11 -0400, Joey Tribiani , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

I dunno, man... My wife's really close to quitting her job and if that happens then $ is gonna be TIGHT until she gets another one. Gonna have to switch over to Beast and Colonel's Pride (extremely cheap whiskey)....

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I recommend she Stick it out a bit longer before she gives in and quits,........................

Better still, take a day or two off and schedule some interviews in there..................It'd sure beat drinkin' that cheap stuff.

LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:39:55 GMT, MUADIB® scribbled this interesting note:

Life's too short to drink cheap booze!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:01:59 -0400, Joey Tribiani scribbled this interesting note:

They call that "bourbon?"

At the risk of repeating myself, life is too short to drink (or marinate with) bad booze!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:24:59 -0500, John Willis ran around screaming and yelling:

that's what they *called* it....was all about the dollar i guess... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

We used to have a Steak & Ale in Cincy around 1980 or so.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

On 01 Aug 2003 05:28:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) ran around screaming and yelling:

Both of the ones in my area have closed down... when i worked there i named them "Snake & Whale"...hehe...the district manager didnt' like it...hmmm J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:46:22 -0400, Joey Tribiani , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Yeah, I used to work for some companies that had a couple of nicknames like "Computer Pollutions" or "Computer Contusions" or "Total Business Flop" or "Compu-smell" or "Compu-hell." heh heh.... Those were for 3 different companies, and no, I'm not telling what their real names were. :-)