Slimy cops and politicians SALIVATE at the money grab

Legislation stripping speeders of driving privileges to take effect on Sunday Legislation that will see speeding and aggressive Ontario drivers temporarily stripped of their driving privileges will take effect on Sunday. The legislation, meant to reduce carnage on provincial highways and city streets, means drivers caught travelling 50 kilometres or more over the speed limit will face fines between $2,000 and $10,000; have their licences suspended for seven days; and have their cars impounded. In addition to targeting speeders, the legislation is aimed at drivers who weave in and out of traffic, as well as those who turn left at a light prematurely. "That's bye-bye car, right on the spot," said OPP Sergeant Cam Woolley, pictured. "My own opinion is that this isn't just going to snare some young punks and their souped-up cars. I expect to see in the impound yard mom's minivan and dad's treasured sports sedan."

Reply to
anticommunist

That is what you get when you want everything provided by the government. Oppression by government is nothing new. When the Canadian government started nationalizing businesses including health care it is a slippery slope you travel. they just gain more power and sooner or later you wonder where all your freedom went. I am so glad I do not live in Canada.

Reply to
Les Benn

that is like doing 30 mph over the speed limit, 65 + 30 = 95 mph.

yea, you should be busted.

Reply to
Mas Plak

I can see your point... we should be allowed to break the law with no retribution.... Matte of fact, I think I will break in to your house tonight, rape every female in the place... take all your valuables.... and, as an added insult, I'll take a dump in your favourite chair....

Of course, if the cops get anxious enough to charge me with anything, you will be the first to offer help saying that I was "justified" in misinterpreting the laws.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Now that sounds like a Democrat pushed it through. "Al... Al Gore! You come in here right this minute and go stand in the corner! And NOT the same corner Hillary is standing in! Don't need you two duplicating yourselves!"

Not even in Canada do the cops make the laws, although they may or may not agree with them. Their job is simply to enforce the laws the politicians institute.

Just a wee bit closer to home... ask yourself why Hillary and the rest keep holding up Canada and England as shining examples of how they want things to be.... gun control, national healthcare for anyone within the borders of the country legally or not, amnesty for illegals, prevention of states working with the feds to protect the borders and deport illegals.... One of the new points... "just because someone entered the country illegally and has no papers or anything to prove citizenship does NOT mean they are here "illegally"..... Then get them to admit that the only way to pay for it is to raise taxes higher than your eyeballs!

Reply to
Spike

It's now a felony to street race, just like drunk driving for a third time. Guess how many people die due to drunks versus racers? The left have no sense of proportion. People who drive cars are "evil" and must be taxed or fined into oblivion, so we can all live in green garden of Eden, and bike to work...when it's -30 deg outside with a howling wind... Oh yes, and I forgot. They want to hit drivers in Ontario with a new tax, a $60.00 registration fee. This is on top of the $90.00/year license fees, the 69% taxes on gasoline, the diversion of income taxes for roads to multicultural programs...etc.

Reply to
anticommunist

As it should be.

Maybe, but how many innocent people including children have been killed by idiots weaving in and out of traffic at 80MPH in a 35MPH zone. I've read I know 4 articles over the years where a child under 14 was killed.

Which of course, has nothing to do with driving 60MPH over the limit or racing on public streets.

Reply to
WindsorFox

And what do YOU say to the parents of a child who was killed or a child whose parents were killed, no matter how rare compared to drunk driving?

Watch the telly. All those cop shows, like World's Most Dangerous Drivers, when street racers lose it and plow into a crowd of spectators. At least at an authorized strip there are protective barriers and fences.

Reply to
Spike

I'm sorry, did you say "telly" ???

Reply to
WindsorFox

Yep I did. I lived in Scotland as a kid when my dad flew USAF Air Sea Rescue missions out of Prestwick. Just threw it in there 'cause it was a Canada problemo :0) LOL

Reply to
Spike