Somebody's screwin' it up for the rest of us

So, I'm watching Cold Case the other night, and I notice that the smarmy older guy, who's trying to bed a 15-year-old girl, is driving a 1970-ish Mustang.

Then, on another show (which escapes my failing memory), I see that the resident sleazebag is driving a modified Fox-body.

What's going on? Has television decided that the Mustang is now the choice of the Bad Guy? I thought that was the exclusive province of the Camaro...

One or more of you out there is giving the rest of us a bad name.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Well, I have seen a counter to that. At the Armani Exchange in the mall here they have posters showing models in various poses with a '68 Mustang.

Reply to
Jim S.

Yes, Barbara Striesand and Michael Moore said recently that YOU use far too much gas driving around in that dangerous teen killing, over powered super car. How dare you get less that 35 MPG and how DARE you even THINK of driving comething that pollutes like that. Nancy Pelosi has a law with your name on it...

;-D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

This was said while they're flying on their private jet to the waiting stretch limo....

Yeah, we hear ya! Damned Limosine Liberals.

Now, if one of them lived their lives like they espouse others to live, then maybe I'll listen to them...

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Shhhhhhhh!! You aren't supposed to notice that, said the man behind the curtain....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Paranoia at it's finest?? I ride a Harley and I'm not a poseur.... so now I smell bad and sell sh*tty drugs? I'm a mechanic so now I'm a ruthless thief? I'm a volunteer fire fighter and now my pick up is coated with dorky lights???

Y'are what you want to be.......

Reply to
Jim Warman

The people I know who ride harleys have the best drugs

I'm a mechanic so now I'm a ruthless thief?

Possibly but not necessarily. several of my harley type friends are also mechanics.

Most likely

I wanna be rich!!!!

Gumby619

I wanna drive my stang dammit!!!!!

Reply to
Gumby619

Nope.... not even an aspirin....

Nope... I can walk uptown with no fears....

Not even an add-on fog light.... 3 strikes, yerrrrrrr out 8^)

Reply to
Jim Warman

If the American 15-year-old was anywhere near as emotionally mature as most of her foreign counterparts, this would not be viewed as a negative. If the overbearing, coddling, clueless American parents of the current generation would learn from *their* foreign counterparts how to properly raise young adults instead of dysfunctional innocents, their would be no issue here. If the dumbass Americans would learn concepts like the Yin and Yang from the Orientals, who are much better social philosophers than we (although they can't drive worth a crap), we would all be more cognizant of the fact that we are creatures of nature, not automatons whose genetic programming can be instantly altered by the whims of rose-colored sheep who have wangled their way into legislative capacities.

All Fox-body owners are sleazebags.

Who the Hell wants to be a Good Guy? Don't you know they finish last? Camaro owners still have a lock on that stoner/mullet thing, though.

Ask anyone in Hollyweird; any publicity is good publicity. Long live the chick-chasing, law-smashing, tire-burning, booze-swilling, ass-kicking, Mustang owner. Let the pansies drive Saturns.

CobraJet '86 Fox-body Cougar

Reply to
CobraJet

Uh.... okay. Of course, in the show this particular 15-year-old wised up to the older sleazebag fairly quickly and declined his gracious offer. As for

15-year-old girls in general, I'd say HANDS OFF, you filthy perv.

It's generalizations like that that allows the rose-colored sheep to pass all those laws you don't agree with. Dealing with people one-to-one leads to far too much confusion.

See, that's where I go wrong. I try to be one of those Golden Rule types (no, seriously). Too many John Wayne movies, too many Clint Eastwood movies, too many Glenn Ford movies. (The kids out there are saying, "Glenn who?")

...or aging Hondas.

dwight Twin '93 Foxes

Reply to
dwight

----- Original Message ----- From: dwight Sent: 5/25/2004 11:02 AM

The Ford Mustang has always been for the outlaw. I like being an outlaw.

BTJustice

Reply to
Buford T. Justice

Whoa. Between 9 and 10 on a Sunday morning, I'm still rubbing sleep out of my eyes. I'll try to get there early, but don't wait up for me.

dwight (I'll be bringing the convertible -

dwight

"Ralph Snart" wrote | >

| | This was said while they're flying on their private jet to the waiting | stretch limo.... | | Yeah, we hear ya! Damned Limosine Liberals. |

FOFLMGDAO!!!!!

Kate

| Now, if one of them lived their lives like they espouse others to live, then | maybe I'll listen to them... | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Help - she's fallen and can't reach her beer.....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

No worse than Hollywood's penchant for destroying muscle cars.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

As the war continues, you can expect Hollywood to get more and more down on anything "Amerikan".

Reply to
Wheresthebabes?

According to The Day After Tomorrow, those damn Mustangs are causing global warming/cooling and the next ice age will come in short order thanks to gas-guzzling V8's that are destroying the world and blah blah blah. What a craptastic movie that was.

Reply to
Brad

"Brad" wrote

I heard the SFX were awesome, but that it was written like a "made for TV" movie.

Reply to
66 6F HCS