Speaking of mufflers and 4.6's

Speaking of mufflers and 4.6's, does anyone know if the 4.6 in the new F-150 is the same engine as in the GT? I just bought one and the damn truck is way to quite in the old exhaust department. Anyone have any recommendations on how to get that beautiful Ford V8 sound out of a

4.6 in a 2005 F-150?
Reply to
ZombyWoof

Do you have four cats?

Reply to
CobraJet

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Get a recording of a 5.0 with Flowmasters, make a CD out of it, and play it in your truck. ;)

Joe

Wussy. Make it a cammed 428 and keep the riff raff away from you at stoplights.

Reply to
CobraJet

On 16 Feb 2005 02:52:53 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

Now there is an idea. Not a very good one, but an idea nonetheless.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I believe the engine has many differences. The block, the heads... The truck engine is tuned for lower end torque while the stang motor is tuned for higher rpm power with more HP. John

Reply to
JohnR66