Test Drove 2006 GT W/ Dealer installed Vortech Super Charger at Ford Dealership

back to topic, shifting anything above 400 hp, goes through 1st and 2nd really fast, as it should I drove a 600 hp once, the power was almost uncontrollable, it liked putting out 600 hp more than 100.

Reply to
Chumley Doright

IMO, 450-500 rwhp is the practical limit for a manual tranny Mustang. Beyond that and you spend too much time shifting gears relative to accelerating down the track. Plus throttle control in first and second gears is almost nonexistent.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Well I'll be damned! No wonder the pro stockers are all stick shift:) But they are only running 210 MPH now, guess if they were capable of 500 horsepower they would switch to autos.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I guess you missed the "IMO" part of my reply. Also, I don't see many pro stockers sitting next to me at red lights and most drivers have nowhere near their skill at shifting. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I think they are more of a clutchless 5 speed with just a lever to move.

Reply to
GILL

UPDATE: Just found out from a friend of an employee at that Ford dealership that this Vortech Super Charged 2006 Mustang GT (The one I test drove) was purchased by a young woman and crashed and totaled within one week.

:-(((

Reminds me of the old Jay Leno Doritos commercials, the one telling you to eat them, we will make more...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Another 2006 destroyed:

Where do 17 y/o drop-outs come up with the cake to drive these around?

Never mind, I probably do not want to know...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

According to that article, "Authorities say there is no connection between the crash and the deputy's role at the school. He is not being identified because he is a juvenile."

I always thought those cops looked young, but ... :-)

Reply to
Bob Willard

HS dropping out present?

Our tax dollars at work? (think about what kind of car you could buy if you didn't have pay for the roof over your head or food)

Crime?

Reply to
Brent P