This is how environmentalists die

Not down to your level yet, no. Sorry.

It was mostly a joke, Rich. Not entirely a joke -- I think it was in response to Peter accusing Greens of hypocrisy for some foolish reason that I've forgotten about by now.

But in fact, it is BS for Peter to go on about how he likes clean air and water so much, when he's apparently dedicated to a way of producing energy that helps to wreck both of them.

It's also totally hypocritical for Gore to give lectures on AGW and then drive around in an SUV, of course. Hypocrisy comes in many flavors.

BTW - what is "Captain Planet"? Sounds like a TV show.

I have a small BW television, use it to watch Bill Moyers on Friday nights. I also used to watch "PBS Mystery Theater" with all of the oil company image ads -- I love that Inspector Morse, and I'm beginning to enjoy Havers and Inspector Lynley, too, when they're showing.

But normally I don't see TV much, and I'm not familiar with "Captain Planet" as a program. One of your faves, Rich?

Reply to
john fernbach

I don't want to spread my life here. take it, as is. It was much easier, before the Green began mass demonstrations against everything, also with violence.

Reply to
Peter Muehlbauer

What crap. How many lives have been saved and improved because of availability of cheap electricity and cheap motor fuels? Think back to only

150 years ago and how horribly hazardous simple travel was, and all the lives lost due to inadequate heating and cooling. Go live in the woods without any of the advantages of industrialized society and see how long your life lasts.

Pollution advocates?? Sheesh. Fran constantly implies that the POINT of energy companies is to pollute; as if that's their goal every morning when they wake up. Pollution is a technical problem, not a political one. A technical problem that has been mainly solved in a huge way through the ingenuity of CORPORATE scientists and technician working for this self-same 'Global Polluting Cartel'.

And 'first world obesity and family stress'?? How the hell did emotional problems and free choices in eating get involved?

Do you really think about what you say? Your hatred of corporations (that make the life you lead even possible) constantly blinds you to reason and logic.

Reply to
Cat_in_awe

Can you mix in a punctuation mark now and then? CAI and the run-on sentences are nearly unreadable. Also, in most countries sentences begin with CAPITAL letters.

Reply to
Cat_in_awe

It's the epitome of hypocrisy.

If he cared about the environment, he'd stop personally emitting all that CO2. Buying indulgences doesn't change the fact that his activities spew all that CO2 to begin with. These 'carbon credit' schemes are the most idoitic idea to come down the pike in a long time. They result in ZERO reductions in emissions, and just transfer money from polluters to non-polluters. Some of these 'carbon credits' go to entities that merely promise not to cut down trees on land they own (that they had no inkling to cut down to start with).

(Not that I think CO2 has anything more that a trivial effect on earth temperatures, however. Just temporarily assuming the premise of the green whackos.)

Reply to
Cat_in_awe

Capitalism is about trading values for values. 'Carbon Credits' are not values; they are bogus taxes signifying nothing.

Can't you SEE how stupid this is?? 'Paying a sutiable price' doesn't reduce emissions!

Buying 'indulgences' doesn't mitigate a damn thing.

We advocate that all this nonsense about CO2 ends now! The point about AlGore is that his sincerity is for shit. He just sees a power grab and money grab and wants to be part of it. You CO2-nutcases give real environmentalist a bad name.

Reply to
Cat_in_awe

thanks, but you can only touch my syntax, and not my content, so would you like to take up where he could not, or are you just acting like a grammar checker....

Reply to
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

How about you take up removing the Mustang froup from your cross post of bunny hugging crap....

Reply to
WindsorFo

You must not be aware of the high technology people that expect a text editor to do everything, including line feeds, carriage returns, and blank lines.

Don't holler at her, just explain that "Enter" will place both a line feed and carriage return character at the end of each line, but if he is linux or windows oriented, she may prefer soft carriage returns so the text reader can format the text to any number of characters per line.

This is just an example of why there is so much controversy about climate change, many fat people prefer colder temperatures, while normal build and skinny people may like it warmer.

Reply to
Whata Fool