Throttle adjustment on a 1998 3.8L Mustang

What's the proper throttle adjustment on a 98 Mustang? I had a friend tweak the throttle a few months back when I had an 02 sensor issue. The sensor has since been replaced (check engine light off) so I was thinking the throttle adjustment could be out of sync. The pedal feels soft and the engine occassionally "warms up" on extremely hot days. Idle speed is just below 1000rpm. Also, the transmission seems to struggle at lower speeds but on the highway it shifts just fine. Can an improper throttle adjustment be the problem? It's been a couple of years since my last fuel injection service but other than that, the tranny is good and the cooling system was just recently replaced as well. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Reply to
tarzan