02 Cavalier fast idle when cold

A while back someone posted with this problem

---------- Hi,

I have a little annoying problem with a Cavalier 98 2.2L. When the temperature is very cold (let say below -20C) it stays on fast idle + -

1000RPM all the time. Usually the idle gradually goes down to + - 600RPM as the engine warms up. If I turn off/on engine after it has reached it temperature it idle normally at 600RPM.

Back to the first years with the car, the idle was reaching 1500RPM for

1-2 seconds when turned on, 1000RPM until warms up and then 600RPM. One thing I noticed is now it only reach 1000RPM when turned on and then 600RPM at normal temperature except during very cold days obviously.

Cooling sensor has been changed but no difference. I suspect the problem to be at the ECM level. Any other idea?

EGA

A resolution was never posted, but I have the EXACT same issue on my 02 Cavalier, 2.2L OHV.

I've cleaned the throttle body, but I have no reason to necessarily suspect the IAC valve. The idle is always smooth, there's no hesitation, sputtering, etc. I was thinking ECM problem as well...suggestions?

Erik

Reply to
wraithdu