Tires........Mustang Cobra

I have a 2002 Cobra and I'm looking for tires that will last longer than the BF Goodrich soft compound tires. I have a 4.10 gear in it but I'm not one for laying rubber. Just daily driving finishes off a set of rear tires in less that 10k miles. I don't race the car and rarely exceed 100 MPH. Any suggestions?

Reply to
bluedevil_1950

Consumer Reports rates lots of different tires and they have a category on thread life. If you subscribe, you can go on-line and see all their ratings on these type of tires:

All-season Performance all-season Ultra-performance Winter Winter performance

Reply to
John

2002 Cobra??? I am a lil confused by your post unless it was a posting error. They didn't make a 2002 Cobra in the USA. If they still call the Canadian Mustangs Cobra's perhaps but then wouldn't you mention kilometers vs miles?
Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

Reply to
bluedevil_1950

Right you are. It's a 2001 model. BTW, Canadian Mustangs have never been called Cobras.

Reply to
bluedevil_1950

Look at the BFG KDW. Good all around tire, good traction. Don't last long on my car, but I love the smell of burning rubber.

Reply to
.boB

Cobra and I'm looking for tires that will last longer

Thanks Tom, How is that tire on acceleration? I'd still like to have a useable 1st gear. As you know, these Cobras are prone to wheel hop.

Reply to
bluedevil_1950

Buy a Echo

Reply to
Ferk

Yes in fact at one time they were called Cobra's in Canada. I know for sure during the 80's, not sure how long they continued using the name though.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

quoted text -

I live in Canada, and Mustangs have never been called Cobras unless they were Cobras.

Reply to
bluedevil_1950

No, that's not right. They were called Cobras. I had one. An '89. You can still buy the Canadian Cobra stickers. Identical to the GT, just a Cobra decal on the trunk.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

Then you either have not been there long enough or you didn't pay attention at the time.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Probably a gesture by Ford to make you feel better about paying that high Canadian mark up.

Reply to
WindsorFox

I am pretty sure it was to keep the name alive. The use it or lose it theory.

Nick :)

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

It's more then a theory.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

than

Reply to
WindsorFox

WindsorFox wrote in news:CtUNi.12410$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.lga:

An idiot correcting another idiot. Priceless.

Reply to
Joe

Your moms calling Klaribel, time to clean up the basement. Better watch y0ur step in these parts....

Reply to
WindsorFox