Top 10 Cars for men and women

From the article: "If a typical male mind -- take mine, since I'm evidently not doing much with it -- were expanded to the size of the United States of America, that portion of the mind dedicated to responding to the word "enough" would be the size of a bumper pool table in a New Jersey bar.

That portion of the brain dedicated to responding to the word "more," on the other hand, would occupy everything west of the Rockies, including Hawaii and the territories of American Samoa and Guam.

That is why the Mustang GT has four headlights. Not because men want more headlights, but because those two extra headlights -- Ford calls them "fog lights" but, really, they're headlights -- are only available on the V8-powered Mustang GT.

The male driver of a V6-powered Mustang, with its 210-horsepower engine, clearly has "enough" power. Probably more than enough.

But when stopped at a red light next to a four-lighted 300-horsepower Mustang GT it is immediately obvious to everyone that the other driver has "more."

This is the same reason that Dodge has greatly increased the size of the "Hemi" badge on its cars for the 2006 model year. The larger badge makes it very easy to see, at some distance, who has "more.""

Top 10 cars for men

  1. Porsche 911 coupe, ,095 - 3,765

  1. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, ,504 - ,274

  2. Ford GT, 3,345

  1. Volkswagen Phaeton, ,905 - 4,455

  2. BMW 6-series convertible, ,900

  1. Jaguar XK8 coupe, ,830

  2. Maserati Spyder, ,302 - ,465

  1. Mercedes CL, ,720 - 2,320

  2. BMW 6-series coupe, ,900

  1. Porsche 911 convertible, ,895 - 1,995

Top 10 cars for women

  1. Pontiac G6 convertible, (Not yet available)

  1. Suzuki Forenza, ,994 - ,494

  2. Volkswagen New Beetle convertible, ,940 - ,100

  1. Volkswagen New Beetle, ,185 - ,100

  2. Pontiac Sunfire coupe, ,460 - ,770

  1. Volvo XC70, ,080

  2. Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible, ,744 - ,544

  1. Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible, ,045 - ,120

  2. Kia Rio sedan, ,535 - ,065

  1. Kia Optima, ,585 - ,585

D.K.R.

The article claims.. The male driver of a V6-powered Mustang, with its 210-horsepower engine, clearly has "enough" power. Probably more than enough.

Having just rented a V-6 Mustang at Ontario airport recently, I can honestly say that there were many situations, as I was driving to Rancho Mirage, that the car was seriously underpowered and so I totally disagree with the "more than enough" assertion.

Reply to
punk-tilous

"punk-tilous" wrote The article claims.. The male driver of a V6-powered Mustang, with its 210-horsepower engine, clearly has "enough" power. Probably more than enough.

Having just rented a V-6 Mustang at Ontario airport recently, I can honestly say that there were many situations, as I was driving to Rancho Mirage, that the car was seriously underpowered and so I totally disagree with the "more than enough" assertion.

Yea... and it assigned all of the shit cars to women.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Could you embellish on the occasions when the V-6 was seriously underpowered? My neighbor took me for a ride in his, and it seemed very peppy (not quite as peppy as my GT though).

Reply to
John H

One example was on the freeway going about 65MPH. Whenever I would try to pass someone in the fast lane, it just didn't have enough power or torque and it took a while to finish the pass. The last Mustang owned was an 88 with the venerable cast-iron 5.0 engine and it supposedly had 200HP but it was certainly more peppy than this 200HP V-6. During city driving, it was extremely quick off the line from a stop but at about 35 to 40MPH, it seemed to hit a dead spot and became unresponsive for a bit. Perhaps, it was just the gearing since it was an automatic.

Reply to
punk-tilous

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Wonder if the rental company put a governor on it? The neighbor's is a little screamer. I was surprised how quick it was, even with the automatic.

Reply to
John H

I have an 04 GT that had an accident and so trading it in. I just test drove the 05 auto V6 and it did not do anything for me either - seemed underpowered. Then I drove the 05 V6 stick - what a difference. I was doing 80 km/h in second without even trying. So impressed that I put an order in on it right on the spot. I'd say that the automatic gearing is going to work against the V6's reputation.

IMHO.

MT

Reply to
Texas Ranger